Tuesday, April 14, 2009

JessicaLynn Originals, That's Whoo!

I recently discovered a stamp company I had never heard of before. JessicaLynn Original Clear Stamps. Jessica Lynn, the owner and designer of these adorable stamps is very personable and a remarkable business owner. I have purchased from her and find her shipping to be fast and her products to be of great quality as well as unique fun designs.

Here's the link to her webpage: http://www.jessicalynnoriginal.com/shopwithus/

The card I've posted is one JessicaLynn Originals' Brentwood stamps. The Brentwood stamps feature the cutest little owls. And you know how I love owls. This one is her Campfire Marshmallow Brentwood. Isn't he cute???

In creating the background for this card, I used a new-to-me technique of painting cardstock. I took a neutral piece of cardstock and dropped dollops of metallic acrylic paints in 3 colors on it. Then I spread the paint all over the cardstock using the edge of a plastic credit card (the ones they send you in the mail, hoping you'll sign up for one). It doesn't take it long at all to dry. Then it's ready to use.

I added a punched border, distressed edges on the raised image, and a couple of copper brads.

Now, where did I put that bag of marshmallows I bought. I'm ready to start roasting one. Want to join me?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love this card. Thank you so much Jeanette for taking the time to showcase these stamps. {it means a lot} I LOVE the background. Thank you again
Jessica Lynn

Sharon said...

Wow...what a fantastic background!! Give the card a cool "night glow" about it!!

kadie said...

I love this!! You did a marvelous job with this stamp and the layout! By-the-way...Jeanette, JessicaLynn is searching for DT members...YOU should totally go for it!!

Wombat said...

Beautiful card - I love that stamp and the background turned out really well.

Anonymous said...

I'm in! I want to come roast marshmallows with you! (I don't like to eat them, I just like to roast them)

That background is VERY cool! Great job!!

Brittney said...

I want an owl card. I like owls.

Anonymous said...

What a cute set....I never heard of this company..very cute Forest...I love your card..Da Deej

Sam said...

BOOTiful card Jeanette!!! love those Brentwoods!!
Sam

Lorie said...

That background is stunning, and the owl is adorable! I will definitely be checking out Jessica's stamps. Great card!!