Thursday, December 24, 2009

Have an ICE day!

Much of the midwest is being hammered by ice, snow, and freezing rain. We were anticipating freezing rain yesterday, but actually got lucky. The temperatures hovered just above freezing so we didn't get ice. I was relieved, especially since our daughter was driving home for Christmas at the time.

While I don't like ice storms, I do like this adorable Slusser Penguin and the coordinating sentiment. Doesn't Slusser have the most adorable face? He's just too cute!

Slusser is an Inktegrity image. These digital stamps are easy to use, inexpensive, and cute, cute, cute! I know you're going to want to check them out... so here's the link:
http://inktegrity.blogspot.com/

The digital image actually has a little fish in the bucket, but I covered that up with a fishy brad. I thought it worked well and gave the image some dimension. I also chose to cut out the image and layer the bucket to make it look like Slusser is holding it.

To create the colors on the sentiment, I took my Inkadinkadoo Ink Dots (purple, aqua, pink, and silvef) and pounced on the image, giving it a speckled/swirled look. I like the way it turned out.

I hope you have an ICE day and enjoy your Christmas eve!


Image: Inktegrity Slusser Penguin
Ink: Inkakinkado Ink Spots and Copic markers
Papers: SU cardstock and scraps of designer paper from my stash
Ribbon: Ofray metallic silver
Brads: snowflakes and Recollections fish

1 comment:

Stef H said...

i love how you presented the card in your picture! just as super as your card.

merry christmas!