Monday, December 7, 2009

Our Daughter Brings Christmas Cheer to Our Home, too

One of the joys of Christmas for me is the very special gifts that my children give me. When our daughter was quite young, she started the tradition of giving me a handmade Christmas ornament every year. She's quite creative, as you can see from the picture that showcases these unique ornaments, each one crafted by her.











I've chosen a couple of the ornaments to take close-up pictures of, so you'd get a closer look at some of these adorable ornaments.

























A few years ago my daughter suggested we decorate the Christmas tree in the antique washtub with a laundry theme, which is exactly what we did. The tree topper is an empty laundry detergent bottle. The ornaments are clothespins and strips of cloth. The garland is a piece of clothesline. And, yes, the snow inside the basin is used Bounce sheets.


And any trip to/from the basement showcases some special friends that our daughter helped add to our Christmas collection.








Just one more post... and then we'll be through.

2 comments:

Lorie said...

Ha! That laundry tree is so creative! I LOVE it!!

Melina said...

How cute! I would have never thought of a tree in the laundry room ;)