Wednesday, January 20, 2010

BLOG CANDY Reminder!

Please Note: I've made two blog posts today, this one and the Kelly Jo's Color Chef #35 Challenge one which follows. Be sure to check them both out!


Last Saturday, I shared with you the story of a little girl whose life was cut short by a brain tumor. Her loving parents created CJ's Thumbs Up Foundation to help other families who are dealing with similar situations. I encouraged you to help them in their efforts by purchasing a stamp created by Joni of Inktegrity Stamps especially for this cause.

Everyone who purchases this image and let's me know by posting a comment in my blog will be in a drawing to receive some BLOG CANDY from me! The deadline is January 30, so hurry! See the details here.

Here is a card I made with the image:


I used this week's Sketches by Tamara for my layout. I chose colors that I thuoght any little girl would like, and teamed the striped paper with some designer paper that had some cute tiaras on it.

Image: created especially for the benefit of CJ's Thumbs Up Foundation
Ink: Copic markers and a gel pen
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, and Pale Plum
Designer Papers: from my scrap file
Embellishment: Stampin' UP! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Very cute card! I love this image, and its for a great cause.

Rachel Witthaus said...

Beautiful! I love that stamp :) My 4 year old would love it!

Janine Rachau said...

Sweet card!

April said...

My version is posted over at SCS under aprilo - you inspired me to give digis a try, Jeanette~

Unknown said...

Lovely card! Such a great image Joni designed and your colors remind me of a special little girl. Thanks for joining us at Sketches! {by Tamara} this week. Hope you're enjoying your term on the Inktegrity team...I know I did!

Jessica Theodore said...

Lovely card, great colour choices xx

Joaniebolognie said...

Beautiful card! Your blending of colors are perfect!