Saturday, March 13, 2010

I ♥ My Dog

I was recently challenged to pull out a stamp (or stamp set) that I love, but have not used in a while and to create a card for a friend with that stamp set.

This challenge took me back to my Stampin' UP! collection of stamps - I have many! When I first got started in stamping, Stampin' UP! was my go-to place for stamps. Now I have many favorite companies and never enough money to buy all the stamps I would like to have. LOL!

The stamp set I used is a retired one, but a fun one.





Stampin' UP! Bow Wow






As you can see, the focus of my card is Man's Best Friend, his dog.

While the sentiment is stamped from this oldie but goodie Stampin' UP! stamp set, the striking feature of the card is the dog I created using a variety of paper punches. To complete the look of the dog tag, I used a chain clasp for the embellishment. While the picture doesn't show it, there is a stamped pawprint on the inside of the card, too.

It was fun to create this card. I really like making things out of punches. I hope you like it.



Sentiment: Stampin' UP! Bow Wow
Ink: Versafine Black
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Black, Close to Cocoa, Kraft, Really Red, and White
Designer Paper: unknown manufacterer
Embellishment: Chain and Clasp

4 comments:

*Susan* said...

Jeanette, very clever to use punches to make the cute pooch! And I love that you added the chain to the tag! {hug}

~Paola~ said...

what a darling card!!totally adorable!
...and U know how much I love using punches...or, rather, hosting punched-out swaps! *wink*...

Seoulscrappin' said...

This is so clever ... but, of course, what else could we expect from one of my fav sistahs! I hope I get one of these cards back from this swap! You rock Jeanette!!!!

dweatter said...

He is so cute. I am sure dog lovers everywhere adore you and him!!!! I love the use of the chain on the tag - it's perfect!