Monday, March 1, 2010

Sunshine Monday

I think Sunshine Mondays are a FANTASTIC way to begin a week!

Thanks Janice (of Sunshine and Giggles) for giving us a reason to look forward to a day of the week that is often considered less than ideal.

I used Poinsettias, one of Sunshine and Giggles Christmas images, for today's card, but tried to give it a non-Christmas look.





I wanted to use just a small portion of the entire image, capturing the adorable face of the little girl. I sized and printed the image, then colored the area I would be using with my Copic markers. After coloring it, I punched out the section with my Stampin' UP! heart punch.
In hindsight (it's always 20/20, you know) I realize I should have used colors other than red/green if I didn't want my card to look Christmas-y. Drats! Should have thought of that earlier! But I still like the overall card and hope you do, too!


Image: Sunshine and Giggles Poinsettia
Ink: Copic markers
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Mellow Moss, Real Red, Soft Suede
Designer Paper: Daisy D's and swirls from my scrap file
Embellishments: Classic Traditions satin ribbon, Stampin' UP! organdy ribbon, Imaginisce brads

4 comments:

Janice said...

Wow Jeanette! This is a beautiful card!! I love how you featured just her face. Pretty dp too.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Jeanette this is a real beauty those rich elegant colours and the hearts is just wonderful I love it.


Hugs
Lorraine x

MiamiKel said...

How creative! She looks like she's peeking thru a small window - well done!

kadie said...

Oh, very clever to put the image in the heart! I love the colors on this one!