Saturday, October 9, 2010

Happy Happy Day



With today's post, I could say HAPPY Halloween (just look at the pictures)...

or I could say, I'm HAPPY that I got to be part of the Stamp-N-Doodle Spook Night a couple of days ago...

or I could say I'm HAPPY to be away this weekend at a Papercrafting Retreat!!!



All of those would be true statements!



But, thanks to the option of scheduled posting, I'm also HAPPY that I can have a blog post today, even though I'm not anywhere near my computer.

Just in case you missed the fun at the Stamp-N-Doodle Spook Night, let me show you a card I created for that event:




It was a Sketch AND Color Challenge - use the sketch and the colors Black/Purple/Orange.

But somehow I goofed up, and missed the AND.... so the first card I made for the Spook Night event didn't meet the criteria.





I thought you might like to see it anyway, so here it is:




and here's the inside of my card:




Oh, and a closeup:



Spook night also had another project - a Witch's Shoe:




The picture doesn't do it justice. I made it with glittery black paper. Dratted photo looks bland, but it really is sparkly!

There's still time to play along in the challenge, so go over to Blog-a-Doodle for the details and play along. You have until Oct 12th to complete your projects and submit them to be eligible for the Grand Prize of a $10.00 store certificate. WOW! How cool is that!?!?!?




Black/Orange/Purple Card

Image: Stamp-N-Doodle
Ink: ColorBox Tangerine Chalk Pad
Cardstock: Stampin' UP Black, Concord Crush, and Only Orange
Designer Paper: K & Co. Mat Pack
Embellishments: Stickles Black Diamond, and foam letters



Black/Green/Orange Card

Image: Stamp-N-Doodle
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Stampin' UP! Peach Parfait
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Black, Green Galore, and Peach Parfait
Designer Paper: from my scrap file
Embellishments: Michael's Celebrate It Halloween ribbon and Recollections dimesnional broom



Witch's Shoe

Image: Stamp-N-Doodle
Cardstock: Colorbok Black Glitter Paper and scraps from my scrap file
Embellishments: Stickles Black Diamond

1 comment:

MiamiKel said...

Just fabulous and all things spooktacular! Both cards are drool worthy! And the shoe - it couldn't be more "fitting" hhheeeeehheeee! It's darling! I'm seeing a lot of these shoes and really think I need to try one, too! Absolutely wonderful! A retreat - how wonderful! Lucky girl! Have a wonderful time as I know "you" time does't come along very often - blessings!