Friday, April 15, 2011

Movie Night!



Yes, that's right! The theme for this month's Dueling Darling Challenge is Movie Night! How fun!!!


The Dueling Darlings are made up of two groups - the Divas and the Dazzlers. Each group has a hostess and the two hostesses choose a theme and then secretly put together kits for their group members based on that theme. Neither group knows what the other group is using. That's what makes this so much fun!


This month, Melina and Joan are the hostesses... and they chose the theme Movie Night.


Melina (the Dazzler hostess) sent us a marvelous kit... lots of fun things (imsges, designer papers, an embossed top note piece, buttons, brads, twin). It was such fun to use!


Here's the card I came up with:




My children are grown and I don't have any grandchildren yet, so this card was something quite unique for me. I loved doing it! I think Movie night is great fun!!!

Thank you for bringing out the child in me, Melina!





Let's go check out Movie Night on the other Dueling Darling blogs...

Dazzlers: April, Darlene, Debbie, Melina, Michelle, Paola, and Terry





Images: EK Success

Ink: Memento Tuxeodo Black

Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Ballet Blue, Chocolate Chip (embossed with Cuttlebuug Spots and Dots Folder), Crushed Curry, and Peach Parfait

Designer Paper: Creative Memories (Toy Story Paper) and DCWV Fall Stack (Star Paper)

Embellishments: Hobby Lobby buttons and brads and Wal-Mart twine

12 comments:

April said...

Woohoo!! Love your take on this. I am a big fan of this movie, so it was a FUN, FUN, FUN challenge!!

I love how Woody looks to coming to get me [probably so that I can go have fun with him!]...lol

MiamiKel said...

How cute!! This is the first peek I've had at what the Divas were up to this month and how swee to see WOody, lol! Lovely and fun and looks like you had fun with it! x0x0

~Paola~ said...

WoWzeRRRRRR!soooo totally awesome layout Jeanette...I sure like how you used the d/p w/ Woody in the corner,overlooking it all! Fab coloring and so well detailed..*awesomeeeeee*

Barb said...

Wonderful card Jeanette--love the layout and it looks like Woddy is running right out of the card! What a sweet kit Melina sent you!

dweatter said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love the way you used the other side of the DP too!!! Great coloring of the image and use of the kit. Love your card.

Melina said...

I love how you used the kit girl! The DP and top note! Great card! The circle shape around the image is wonderful :) I'm glad you liked my kit ;)

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! What a fun card, Jeanette! I love the "Toy Story" theme and what great papers, images and embellishments you've used to create this terrific card!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Great take on the challenge! I love how you positioned the DP in the background. It is like Woody on Woody! Very cute my friend.

Jamie Sanchez said...

I LOVE Woody!!! Awesome use of the Top Note! This is a really great card!

Darlene said...

Love your take on this super fun kit! Especially like how you used the fun DP! It really sets off Woody! Very great!!

Terry Ladwig said...

Great card Jeanette! I didn't even think of looking at the back of the paper until it was already cut....but I see you did ☺ I love it!!

Carol W said...

Fun, Fun, Fun,.....oh how cute this card is...you outdid yourself on this...it is adorable...I love it...♥♥♥