Sunday, May 22, 2011

I'm Athletically Challenged

It's sad, but true!


Soooooo... when I saw this photo


and learned that is was the PHOTO INSPIRATION for this week's

Crafty Ho Challenge...


I thought, Me-on-my!!! Whatever will I do?!?!?!


Shhhhhh! Please don't tell, but I didn't even know who "Lance" is. I had to google it.

According to wikipedia (not the most reliable online source, I know), Lance Armstrong is an American former professional road racing cyclist who is best know for wining the Tour de France a record seven consecutive times, after having survived cancer. WOW! That's impressive!

I had some ideas of directions to go, but upon searching my stamping stash, I couldn't find a single cycling image, nor did anything else really jump out at me. Then I happened upon a cute little fellow - a Lori Boyd Puddle Jumper - and an idea was born.



For my take on the Photo Inspiration, I chose to color my image with the colors of the clothing Lance is wearing in the picture. It works for me!



I didn't think the card was quite complete, though...



So I put an inspirational quote/sentiment inside:





Crafty Ho Challenge


May 22 - 28


Image: Lisa Boyd Puddle Jumper
Sentiment: PSX Stamp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, and Copic Markers
Cardstock: from my scrap file
Designer Paper: Paper Studio Yellow with White Polka Dots and Recollections Doodle Black Equilibrium
Embellishment: Hobby Lobby Spring Fever Ribbon

3 comments:

scrapn_momof2 said...

Great card. Love the quote inside and the colors are fantastic.

Lauren said...

Love it!! Wonderful card, Jeanette, I love the sentiment and you have made the colours pull it all together so well.

April said...

Great take on the challenge, Jeanette...but, seriously? You had never heard of him? LOL