Friday, September 2, 2011

An Apple for the Teacher

Can you believe it? I'm making a blog post two days in a row! YAY!!! It seems since moving two months ago, things are still too chaotic (not to mention I still don't have my stamping toys all unpacked) to do as much creating and blogging as I like to do.


I made this card for a Coloured Image card swap hosted by my Australian friend, Lauren. I hope she likes it!





I found the Loralie Designs stamps a few months ago. I immediately fell in love with this image (it's called Schooling) and had to have it. She is oversized and such fun to color.






I had to decorate the inside of my card a bit, too.






Here's a closeup so you can get a better look at the Loralie Designs image:







I sure hope my cards get to Australia soon, I'm anxious to see what Lauren thinks.



Image: Loralie Designs Schooling Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copic Markers Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Crushed Curry, Glorious Grean and Real Red and Black (Vendor Unknown) Designer Paper: Paper Studio Embellishments: Pearls (Vendor Unknown)

5 comments:

Lauren said...

ooohhhhh Lauren bethinking it is just fantastic. I love that image and you colour so well!!!! I love the DP and your layout is wonderful!!! You have a gift for cardmaking and I cannot wait to see this IRL, hugs

:: BlueInks :: said...

Such a perfect teacher card! I love the apple DP and how it goes with the image. The interior looks perfect too!

Darlene said...

This is such a FUN image! The layout is great and the DP is perfect! The extra touches on the inside are a bonus, too. Very nicely done!

Carol W said...

Jeanette, this is adorable...Love the dsp...so cute and the stamp...wow..great coloring, layout and fun card...great job my friend...♥

dweatter said...

AMAZING!!! This card is so great. Your coloring of the image is absolutely fantastic. I love the pearl earrings and necklace. OMGOODNESS...so wonderful!!! I have to go check out these stamps.