Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Holiday Hello

Yesterday I showed you an Autumn card that we're making at my Cardmaking Stack-a-Thon this coming Saturday, so today I thought I would show you one of the Christmas cards we'll be making.




Those of you who check my blog often know that I love Love LOVE designer paper. However, I also wanted to make sure that the women attending my Cardmaking Stack-a-Thon can see how fun it is to make a card even without designer paper. *gasp! (That was a stretch for me!!!)

I used an embossing plate to give depth to the background cardstock and went with simple images and embellishments.

I acutally like this card, which is surprising, since I'm such a fan of designer paper!



Image: Stampin' UP! Circle of Friendship
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Hunter Green, Ivory, Real Red, and Soft Suede
Embossing: Cuttlebug Season's Greeting
Embellishments: Recollections Pearls

8 comments:

kadie said...

Oh how fun!! I really love this CAS layout, especially the banners and the embossing! Such Fab touches and a great card for your event--wish I could be there!!

April said...

How fun! I love the banner strips highlighting the sentiment! I love your layout!

I so wish I live a lot closer!

Lauren said...

I love this. Great CAS layout and such a move away from your usual style. The banners and spot are a fantastic touch, love the use of the EF. Love the new look blog!!

Barb said...

This is such a pretty Christmas Card--I love how the embossing folder is the highlight of your card.

MiamiKel said...

OH this is a beauty - what a gorgeous embossed background! Such a stunning mix of colors togethe r- this is going to be FUN!!! Love it!

Melina said...

Great card! love the embossing! It's so funny that you mention how often you use patterned paper...especially when you read the post on my blog today! You are my hero using pp. I'm not good at it! :)

Leslie Culver said...

Wonderful use of non traditional colors, love it!

Kristie W. said...

Fantastic use of an embossing folder. Your card really showcases it well and I love the placement of your other elements.