Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Who Do I Love?

It's Tuesday... time for a Twisted Tuesday Challenge

Theme: Labor of Love 
Make something with the "one you LOVE" in mind. It can be a spouse, child, parent, etc.

The Twist: Lots of COLOR
No bland creations this week! Make it colorful!

September 4 - 10



Oh.... and don't forget... Twisted Tuesday is having a Design Team call!!! WOO HOO!!! You really need to apply!!!

Sooooooooooo... Who Do I Love? I love a lot of people - but for this card, I chose my oldest son. (I've shown you several cards that I've made with my daughter in mind, but this may be the first one I've shown you that reminds me of my son.) Jeremy loves autumn, the cooler temperatures, the changing leaves, etc... and he loves Halloween. Even now, as a young adult, he gets excited about dressing up for Halloween, carving pumpkins, etc.

This card makes me think of him:







Even the playful sentiment inside reminds me of Jeremy:




I can't wait to see what you make for this week's Twisted Tuesday Challenge!


Image & Sentiment: Northwoods Stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copic Markers
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Very Vanilla and scraps from my scrap file
Designer Paper: K & Company Halloween Mat Pack
Embellishments: Eyelet* (vendor unknown), Stickles Glitter Glue, and Studio 18 Organdy Ribbon (vendor unknown)

*You might notice I rarely ever use an eyelet. There's a good reason for that... I can't ever seem to get them placed exactly where I want them and smashed just so either. UGH! That being said, I'm part of a wonderful blog group called the Stamp Addicts... and we got to talking about how many/most of us don't use eyelets, though we have a lot of them in our stash. So we challenged ourselves to make a card(s) using eyelets. This is my feeble attempt (I'm sorry, Darlene! I really could only convince myself to put ONE eyelet on my card, for fear a second one wouldn't line up right with the first one.) You might also notice that I cleverly put some ribbon through the eyelet hole and tied it. 1.) I like that look! 2.) It hides the fact that the eyelet got scrunched a bit too hard. LOL!

10 comments:

April said...

Woohoo! Loving this autumnal card! Tom Holtz makes lining things up easy with his ruler....has holes in it so that you can use a piercer to marl the spots evenly before tapping in your eyelets....

Janet said...

Your card is SO pretty!! Love the colors!!
I use a Crop-a-Dile to punch holes & set eyelets - does well. You just need to do one squeeze to set your eyelet in place...

Margaret said...

Fabulous card. I love the image you used, and it is so Halloween colorful. Great job on using the eyelet and I think the ribbon adds just that extra special touch.

jimlynn said...

Jeanette, this is a fantastic Halloween card!!! Love the image, DP, and.............YES!! THE EYELET!!! Great job.
Lynn

Darlene said...

Well, I think that this is GREAT!!! Love the festive colors, layout and fun, fun image!
The eyelet with the ribbon is soooo nice too. Yes, you get a prize!

Jacquel said...

Very cute & nice layout...the inside is FAB too! TFS!!!

Heather B said...

I like that newspaper stamp! I rarely (if ever) use eyelets either. Too fussy!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Awesome card- I love the image you used- the newspaper portion of it is soooo cool! I also love the layout and the way you added the ribbon.

Barb said...

great card--reminds me of the old fashioned pumpkins!

Melina said...

This is so cute! I love your eyelet and exactly where you placed it! Great job :)