Thursday, November 15, 2012

Ready to Fly

Today is the 15th; time to get our Duel on. ;)

For those of you who may not know what I'm talking about, every month - on the 15th - the Dueling Darlings have a little creative fun. The Darlings consist of two groups: the Divas and the Dazzlers. One Diva and one Dazzler serve as hostesses. Together they choose a theme and then each of them gets to work, choosing images, designer paper, and a few embellishments. They mail the kits to their team members and on the 15th everyone reveals their creations.

This month Diva Carol and Dazzler Deb are the hostesses. Since November is Aviation History Month and National Model Railroad month and November 22 is Go for a Ride Day, Carol and Deb chose the theme Planes, Trains and Automobiles. How fun is that!?!?!?!

THANK YOU, DEB & CAROL!!!

Deb was soooooooooo generous... she sent us TWO different kits to choose from, since she couldn't seem to settle in on one mode of transportation. LOL!

I chose to travel by plane with this duel.



I really love the image Deb sent, but truthfully, the reason I chose this kit to use is because of that awesome designer paper. (You know how I love me some DP!)




Here's the inside of my card:



I thought the little plane image looked great here.

Deb also instructed the Dazzlers to "share a memory of getting to your favorite holiday or thanksgiving (good or bad... LOL) on your blog when you post your card." Well......... you all KNOW Christmas is my favorite holiday, so I'll tell a Christmas story. When I was a child we never lived geographically close to either set of grandparents. However, whenever possible we would travel the many MANY miles to be with family for Christmas. Over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house we'd go. ;) I remember one year in particular. We lived about an 8-9 hour drive away and my dad had to work on the 24th, so we got up early on Christmas morning and headed toward my grandparents home. We planned to stop for lunch somewhere... but could not find a single place open. I thought we would starve before we got to my grandparents. We didn't. But that year, Christmas dinner tasted especially good.


Now, let's go see what the other Dueling Darlings have to share...


DAZZLERS



DIVAS

Kadie (our newest member - WELCOME, Kadie!)


Image: Kraftin Kimmie Stamps "Emelia"
Ink: Copic Markers
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Stampin' UP! Buckaroo Blue and Really Rust
Designer Paper: K & Co. "Hopscotch Boy Toy"
Embellishments: Stampin' UP! Linen Thread, Old Olive Ribbon, and Vintage Safety Pin

16 comments:

Darlene said...

She is AWESOME! Like you I just love that DP that Debbie included, and your colors in the image and matting really compliment the paper! I also love how you finished off the inside!
Pretty funny story about your Christmas trip that year! I'll bet you always packed a few sandwiches after that.

Terry Ladwig said...

Great card Jeanette! Love the layout and the fact that you used everything in the kit ☺ I love that paper too and almost wanted to hoard it....but I didn't.

Great job and thank you for being a Dazzler!!

April said...

Funny, I thought about hoarding the paper, but in the end also used it!!

I love how you used the little plane on the interior! Just perfect!

Your coloring is just FABBY on Emelia!!

Barb said...

Jeanette--what a cute card. You sure rock these cute people images--awesome colors! And, the DSP is perfect for the challenge.

I love this duel and I so appreciate that you the idea to set this up!

MiamiKel said...

Cuuuuuute! She is super sweet sitting off the side - very classic design! I had a feeling you'd be the one to showcase the paper - it's a perfect match, hee hee!

I'm so happy you are "on board!" with the DDDs!! *Blessings to you, Dueling Darlin!*

Melina said...

very, very cute! love the way you laid out your card. HUGS :)

jimlynn said...

CUTE image and a wonderful card! Love the DP on here and it's so perfect with the image!!
Lynn

kadie said...

Hi Jeanette! Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm so excited to be joining you ladies!! :)
Your card is so much fun and you've done a fab job using the kit from Deb. Love your layout, coloring and that touch of including the plane on the inside of the card. Every card is so different and so cool! Love it! HUGS

Judy McMullen said...

Darling card, Jeanette! Love that Amelia image and you've colored and displayed her so beautifully! Awesome card both inside and out!!

Athina said...

What a darling card!

Carol W said...

Wow, wow, wow...what a great kit and an amazing card...You really did an outstanding job on it...I love the little plane on the inside of the card...just perfect...I love your Christmas trip story as well...(and you still travel alot...lol) Great job my sweet friend...hugs...

:: BlueInks :: said...

Oh you did Amelia Earhart proud! That DP has your name written all over it!!! Great job with the colors as well.

kiwimeskreations said...

Love that image Jeanette and you have made a great card with your kit!!
Blessings
Maxine

~Paola~ said...

woww AWESOME card sporting a proud Emelia on the side (great mind think alike...ehehe)and she's colored to perfection too of course,to match the fabby d/p!
Love how wonderfully you ALWAYS finish the inside of your card too and this one is no exception! Great card!! xox♥

dweatter said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the button brad on the scarf and the airplane on the inside. And you used the safety pin very creatively. You are always so good at using everything in the kits! Glad you finally made it to Grandmas and enjoyed a wonderful dinner.

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

ooh oooh ooh I love this. that image looks so much like Amelia Earhart who I have so MUCH respect for :)

Love the layout and all those layers.......the DP is PERFECT!