Saturday, December 29, 2012

Calendar Girl Winter Wonderland

Please tell me today is the 28th!

Okay, I know it isn't. In fact, it's not even the morning of the 28th... it is mid afternoon. UGH! I'm late.

I have excuses. ;) You don't want to hear them, though. Instead, you want to see my card.

The 28th is the day for the Calendar Girls to post their monthly project. The theme this month was chosen by our own Miss February (Kelly) - and it is a good one. She asked us to create with a Winter Wonderland in mind and to use the colors silver and blue on our creations. We were also instructed to add a snowflake (or snowflakes). FUN!!!

Speaking of snow... we have had two snows this week. The day after Christmas got 10" or more of snow and yesterday brougth an additional snow of about 6". (I keep expecting Kelly to show up on my doorstep, since she often tells me she'll come visit when we have snow.)

Okay, enough chatter... here's my card:





The inside:




It was so much fun creating this card and I truly am sorry I'm late. Please be sure to check out the other Calendar Girls creations.





Kelly

Paola


Terry


But, as I said, I had excuses. I thoroughly enjoyed Christmas, in large part due to the fact that all of my children were home for the holiday!!!

And I simply MUST show you the gift that my dear sweet daughter (my favorite daughter!) made for me...




Image: Stampin' UP! Frosty
Sentiment: Imaginations
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copic Markers
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Stampin' UP! Marina Mist
Designer Paper: My Mind's Eye Signature Christmas Paper Pad
Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones, Stampin' UP! Silver Organdy Ribbon, and a silver snowflake brad (vendor unknown)

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

Super cute and pretty card, Jeanette! Love the way you did that snowflake and ribbon.
Love the nativity project from your daughter too. So very pretty!
Lynn

Barb said...

Very cute card Jeanette--I too love how you added the snowflake over the ribbon. Frosty is one of my favorite SU sets--great job!

I think the nativity set is so sweet--graet job by your DD!

April said...

Great card! I need that stamp! And, your activity set s beautiful! DD did a great job on her present to you!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this wonderful card- the image is so cute- love the DSP you used- such a great combo of colors- and love the ribbon tucked under the snowflake. What a fun challenge- I love seeing the cards you make from your group. Whola- you got alot of snow! I think it would be fun to get the SOuthern girls up here for some snow fun!

kiwimeskreations said...

Very pretty card Jeanette - worth waiting for!! I do love that ribbon - it is so right for the card!
Love the nativity set - that is so original :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Darlene said...

Wonderful card, well worth the wait! I've been studying how you colored the snowman, taking lessons. Love the layout and the colors you chose, very pretty. Those snowflake brads are beautiful, and when combined with the ribbon the effect is very eye catching!
DD's nativity is precious. Is it paper or wooden blocks? I think it's very special and must mean a lot to you!
Welcome back!

~Paola~ said...

yeahhhh,Jeanette is back with another of her lovely creation! What a FUN and GORGEOUS card this is...I'll never tire of feeling awed by your paper matching and layering skills...I loveee your snowman and how well it showcases with the rest of the details that surround him...such a GREAT winter card indeed!!♥

MiamiKel said...

Oh I don't even know where to start ! the fabulous gift from your daughter is just as sweet as can be! Your card is super fun - cutie lil frosty all done up perfect for winter!

Gorgeous all around! xoxo

:: BlueInks :: said...

Your DD's gift is so special. You will enjoy it for so many years to come.

Your card is so cute! The perfect immie and the subtle DP is really just great. I like how this turned out!

Terry Ladwig said...

What a great gift your DD gave to you! I love it ☺

Your card is very cute and very snowy! You did a great job with this challenge!

Thank you for being a fellow Calendar Girl ☺