Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Crafty Gals CASE

On the 5th of each month, the Crafty Gals (a blog group I'm in) have a challenge. It's always a lot of fun! This month proves to be no exception to that.

Our Challenge Theme

Guess Who I'm CASEing?!
Go back to the month of March on one of the Crafty Gals blogs. (you can get there by finding their dated blog archive in their sidebar)

It doesn't matter whom you choose. That is totally up to you. That's the fun of us guessing right?!

Find a project from the month of March on their blog and CASE it. Don't list who you visited on your Dec. 5th blog post. We have to guess. This will also be kind of like a scavenger hunt. We'll want to go look at the original "artwork" you CASED so we'll be visiting March blog posts of our GALS!!!!


Soooooooooo I went and looked at the March blog posts of all the gals and worked at choosing JUST ONE to case (not one gal, but one card!). EEK!!! That was so difficult because I found inspiration on each and every blog. I finally narrowed down my choices - to a mere 8! Yes, I said EIGHT!!! Then I printed out the pictures of those 8 and just waited a bit to decide on just one of them.

Now, we're not supposed to share WHO we CASE'd (the Crafty Gals are supposed to try to guess who it is), so as much as I'd like to, I'm not going to break the rule. Instead I'm going to show you some pictures of my card.




I used an actual library card on this card. My friend Roxane, who works at  library, gave me a WONDERFUL assortment of discarded library cards and I just love using them! THANK YOU, Roxane!








Here's the inside:



Yes, that's another actual library card!


Now... to help you in your search, should you try to discover which Crafty Gal I CASE'd, here are some links to their March posts on their blogs. Let's see if you can figure out WHO it is. ;)



Did you figure out who I CASE'd???


Image & Sentiments: My Favorite Things Here's the Story
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copic Markers
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Stampin' UP! Very Vanilla
Designer Paper: Basic Grey Oxford Paper Pad
Embellishments: Michael's Buttons





14 comments:

Jacquel said...

A fabulous case Jeanette & I haven't figured out who you cased yet....this will be fun!!!

Shari said...

Hi, nice card. I love the use of old effemera. (I don't really know how to spell that word!)

Barb said...

Jeanette--this card is one of your best! I love the use of old library cards--how perfect. And, the inside is so perfect!

jimlynn said...

Fantastic and so creative to use that library card! Love it.
Lynn

Ana Carolina Little said...

Jeanette, great card, I love A la mode stamps and your idea of a real library card is perfect and the DP with the glasses great as well!!!. This is so much fun, isn't it???

kadie said...

Adorable card, Jeanette! Loved that you used one of those real life library cards again!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Only you would have eye glasses DP! Super cute card.

Marilyn said...

This is such a fab project Jeanette... so creative and I love that image.

Unknown said...

Love this card...I may case it myself - lol

Heather B said...

Love this!! Is it Carolina's? The library cards are so cool. What a catch!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the way you have used the library card in sections Jeanette. Great card with an awesome theme.
Blessings
Maxine

maryrose said...

Jeanette, this is so cute! I would say that the girl in this image looks like me when I'm lost in a good book, but the truth is she has MUCH skinnier legs than I do! LOL!

Patty Gorka said...

Awesome case, I love the layout, great job!

Melina said...

This is so cute! I love the papers you used and the square panels behind the image are great! :)