Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year Sparkle

Can you believe it? This is the last day of 2012.... tomorrow will be a new year. As a way of celebrating, ABC Challenges is all about

NEW YEAR SPARKLE!

Participants are asked to create cards using things that are shiny and sparkly, such as rhinestones, glitter, glitter paper, cording, metallic brads, metallic paper, shiny microbeads, metallic buttons, gold or silver embossing, etc.

I went to my stash of scraps and found an awesome prisma paper scrap, which was the inspiration for my card.



It sure is sparkly paper!


I also added sparkly rhinestones and ribbon with a thread of metallic through it, for more shine! Even though I wanted to keep the coloring to a minimum, so the prisma-paper-pieced heart would show up more, I did manage to color the snowman's nose with a glittery orange gel pen.





Here's the inside of my card:




This card is not suitable for the ABC Challenges, it is also suitable for the Crafters of Faith group that I am proud to be a member of. Every month on the last day of the month we have a challenge. This month's theme is to create a card/project using a snowy-winter theme and "ring in the new year with glitter and bling!" These cards/creations should reflect the beauty of the gift of the season - snow, winter, snowflakes, etc. - and include bling and glitter.

Be sure to check out the other Crafters of Faith blogs to see what they made. You'll find the links in my lefthand sidebar.

Oh, and don't forget to participate in the ABC Challenges this week!




December 31 - January 6

Theme: New Year Sparkle



Image & Sentiments: Paper Smooches Warm Hearts
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Gel Glitter Pen
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Stampin' UP! Lavendar Lace
Designer Paper: from my scrap file
Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones and lace (vendor unnknown)

15 comments:

Darlene said...

Wowzers, Jeanette!!! LOVE that paper!!! And the image with his big, sparkly heart and glittery nose - how adorable! I'd say that you nailed both challenges perfectly! So glad that you are with us in the COF group! All the best for the coming New Year to you and your family!

MiamiKel said...

Oh purple bling and sparkle! What a great way to combine the two challenges and make this dazzle! The purple is such a strong vibrant color - it just pops right off the screen! Well done ~ he's a cutie (I thought it was an egg at first, what an unusual and fun snowman!)

Blessings to the New Year - here's to 2013!

Unknown said...

wow such a pretty card my fav colour too need to use it more often and the sweet image is adorable hugs sassy....**HAPPY NEW YEAR***

jimlynn said...

SHINY and so very cute and pretty!
Lynn

Liz Williams said...

Love that pretty glittery paper and that adorable snowman. Happy 2013!

~ Sharon ~ said...

I just love this card and that background paper is simply brilliant! I have that same stamp set but I haven't used it often. Seeing it on this card has given me some inspiration. Thanks! Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Tammy said...

Fantastic card Jeanette! Love the background you created and how you finished the inside! Have a Happy New Year!

marsha said...

Wow Jeanette, this is just the cutest ever! What great sparkly paper you used! Happy New Year!

Lori said...

Love all the sparkle on your card - it is so cute! Happy, happy New Year to you!

Carol W said...

What a beautiful card Jeanette...and of course the glittery shine makes it even more special since I know how much you like glitter...It is stunning..I love it...Wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year my friend...big hugs...♥♥♥

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful card Jeanette - love the subtle punning between the image and the sentiment :-).
Blessings to you and yours for 2013
Maxine

Barb said...

What a great card Jeanette! I love--love--LOVE the paper! And that image is so sweet--great job with the inside too.

Way to rock the final challenge of 2013--and for being a part of this wonderful group of ladies--the Crafters of Faith!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Cute image! I love the sparkle on the DP. The color is really great. You were creative on this one.

maryrose said...

Jeanette, this card is amazing! That purple paper is fantastic, and I love the little snowman's heart. Super cute! Wintry and shimmery, perfect for the challenge!

Jacquel said...

Love your sparkly card Jeanette! The colors you chose are awesome together!

I also love your year in review & the challenge you're doing with the 100 cards! I'm anxious to see more...TFS!!!