Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Challenges

It's Memorial Day and if you're like me, you are remembering the men and women who have given the ultimate sacrifice to ensure our freedom. It is with utmost gratitude that I say THANK YOU!

Many of us will spend the day with family and friends - gathering together for picnics, activities, and a lot of food, fun, and fellowship. As we do so, let's also think of those for whom this day holds special meaning. As they gather, someone is missing from their family gathering and they grieve over their family's loss.


A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.
-Joseph Campbell







I also have a couple of challenges to tell you about today  - and a couple of cards to show you.






May 27 - June 2


This week's challenge is a SKETCH challenge:




You can turn it to horizontal or flip the sketch, but your CARDS need to use this sketch to participate in the challenge.


Here's my card:




I used the Stampin' UP! Praying Hands image.




Here's the inside of my card:





The other challenge is






May 27 - June 9

Theme: Male/Father's Day




Here's my card:




I used the MelonHeadz Illustrating Little Family image.






Here's the inside of my card:




The sentiment is computer generated. After I had the card all finished, I wished I had made sentiment...

Happy Father's Day
from your personal fan club

Oh well. :/


Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I hope you will participate in the ABC Challenges Sketch Challenge and the MelonHeadz Friends Male/Father's Day Challenge.


Image: Stampin' UP! Praying Hands
Ink: Memento London Fog
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Garden Green and Staples White
Designer Papers: from my scrap file
Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones






Image: MelonHeadz Illustrating Little Family
Ink: Copic Markers
Sentiment: Computer Generated
Cardstock: Recollections Black, Stampin' UP! Real Red, and Staples White
Designer Papers: from my scrap file
Embellishments: Rhinestones from unknown vendors

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous cards Jeanette!

jimlynn said...

Jeanette, both of these are so wonderful! Love that image in the first card and all the bright colors in the second.
Lynn

Janet said...

Jeanette, both of your cards are so neat!!
I hadn't heard of those challenges - I may have to do one!

Zella said...

I love both your cards - the Father's Day card is so colorful and fun. But my heart is pulled to the first card with praying hands. Love it!

Danielle Vincent said...

Hi Jeanette - I've been having fun catching up on your wonderful creations of late. Especially love your turtle cards - way tooo cute. The praying hands card is really wonderful. Might just have to CASE you on that one. Lovely!