Tuesday, December 31, 2013

What a Wonderful World


It is with heavy heart that I post today's card. Why? Because it is the very LAST card I will make for the Crafters of Faith blog group. Kelly, our leader, has decided that it is time for COF to end and today is our last challenge. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with this group of Christian blogging/papercrafting friends and will  miss the group.

*sniff *sniff

But as Kelly reminded us not long ago, we are in other ventures together, so we will still have fun together.

Kelly, thank you for all you've done for the Crafters of Faith! and to all the ladies in the group, I admire you and appreciate you more than you will ever know.


Now, before I have to drag out the box of Kleenex, let me tell you about this challenge.

Kelly is our hostess this month, and here is her challenge:

 Psalm 113:2 (KJV) "Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and for evermore." During this celebratory time of year, we rejoice at the miracle of the birth of the son of God! One of my very favorite Christmas songs is Holy Night, heads bowed before the Redeemer. The literal translation of the first verse is:


Midnight, Christians, it is the solemn hour,
When God as man descended unto us
To erase the stain of original sin
And to end the wrath of His Father.
The entire world thrills with hope
On this night that gives it a Savior. 



With that, I ask you to create a card based on the blessing we receive from knowing how much was given for us! May we all be aware of the beautiful blessings we have and bestow to others. 



For your December card, create a card of your choice in color and design with the theme: Sprinkle an abundance of Blessings!





Here's my card:



To be quite honest, I'm not really sure I met Kelly's challenge. EEK! But let me tell you where my thoughts took me. Kelly said we were to create a card based on the blessing we have received knowing how much was given for us. We've just come  out of the Christmas season when we focused on the birth of Christ. Certainly his life, death, and resurrection were the ultimate sacrificial gift. But I didn't want to focus on that for Kelly's challenge. Instead I focused on EVERYTHING that God has given us. He is the Creator of everything - the whole world! So I created a card with that in mind.







This is the inside of my card:



I really do feel blessed with all that the Lord has done for me! One of the many blessings he's bestowed upon me is the Christian friends He has given me, like all of the Crafters of Faith!


Thank you, Ladies! The world is a better place because you are in it. My life is better, too, because you have enriched, inspired, challenge, and befriended me! I am going to miss you!


* * * * *


Thank you for stopping by my blog today. Tomorrow is a new day, a new year, and a new 100 Cards in 100 Days experience. Last year I met the challenge and I'm excited about giving it a try again this year. 


Image & Sentiment Inside: Our Daily Bread The Earth
Scripture On Front: Our Daily Bread Earth Verses
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Staples White
Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones and Offray Ribbon



7 comments:

Darlene said...

Jeanette, this is a WONDERFUL card for the challenge! I was thinking along similar lines...searching for a stamp of a globe as an ornament...and then I spied another stamp and went with that.

However, my thinking is the same! How abundantly God has blessed us all with such a magnificent planet!

I count you & our friendship among my many blessings. Peace to you in 2014!

Barb said...

Jeanette--I love this card. What a great sentiment along with a beautiful image.

Blessings to you in 2014--another great year ahead.

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful card Jeanette - and I love your thoughts. So glad we have 'met' and can share our faith.
Blessings
Maxine

kadie said...

Beautiful card, Jeanette. And beautiful words to honor such a great group of Ladies and the wonderful heart of Kelly, who brought every together. What greater inspiration or reason to make a card, then to celebrate our faith, and that will continue on in all that you do. Hugs to you and to all the COF!! ♥

MiamiKel said...

What poignant and beautiful words, my friend! Alas, we are just a few groups and threads away from this one so it won't be a far jump :) Lovely take on the challenge and a great use of the world, which indeed He gave to us and god-cidentally we bumped into each other in!

Blessings to you and all you've done the time you've been in the COF group, has blessed many of us :)

Love you!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderfully said- and your card is fabulous!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I really like how this card turned out - the sentiment is great in the font and layout.

I hope 2014 is a great year for you!