Friday, March 7, 2014

A Peek at My Week




It’s Friday again…time for another Peek at My Week post.


A PEEK AT MY WEEK

1.      What was a highlight of my week?

I went to our local thrift store this week, as I do every week or two. This week I was delighted to find a 1983 Christmas tree ornament for our 1983 Christmas tree, as well as several Hallmark ornaments. The price? Fifty cents each. It put a huge smile on my face!

2.      What lesson/s did I learn this week?

That the week seems v-e-r-y long when we don’t go to church on Sunday, not that that happens very often, you understand. Due to a Winter Storm Warning that dumped sleet, ice, and snow on us throughout the night on Saturday and all day Sunday, every church in our town canceled services. Yikes! That’s some storm, isn’t it? I didn’t realize how the days would just kind of run on – seeming like a continuation of the previous week – when we had no “Sunday” to break the cycle. This has been a very long “week”.

3.      What did I make this week?

I don’t know if it falls under the title of “making” but I set up a new email account. I’d had the same yahoo email address for about 20 years and it had gotten to the point that I was receiving more junk mail than I had time to delete. So, Wednesday afternoon I made the decision to switch to a new email address. It didn’t take long to set it up, but contacting my friends, associates, etc. – to let them know my new email address took some time. So far; so good. I just hope I don’t lose anyone in the switch.

4.      What have I enjoyed doing this week?

I loved putting away the snowman that have been on our porch for the past few months and getting out some more spring-like decorations. And it was such a pretty day when I did it that I didn’t even need to wear a jacket. I also noticed that the tulips have started to peek through the ground, a promise of warmer days to come.

5.      If I could change one thing about this week, what would it be?

I would have been more productive. Truth of the matter is, I’ve been kind of lazy this week. So much I needed to be doing, but instead I just wanted to relax and read.

6.      What did I do for this week’s 30-Minute Challenge?
What is a 30-Minute Challenge? It will vary from week to week, but basically, I am going to choose something to do – perhaps it’s an organization task that is calling out to me, or a topic I want to research, or (*gasp!) an exercise I want to try, etc. – and I will set the timer and invest 30 minutes in that challenge.

I had been noticing that I had a lot of pictures in the photo album on my iphone…and most of them were photos I didn’t need/want. So I spent 30 minutes cleaning them out. I went from well over 1200 photos to 465. Pretty good for 30 minutes.

7.      What are my plans for the upcoming weekend?

I don’t really have any special plan for this weekend – other than going to church. I m looking forward to that, since last Sunday’s services were canceled due to the ice storm we endured.

SCORE TIME: Would I give this week a “thumbs up” or a “thumbs down”?





My goals for the coming week…

1.      I will be going to Mississippi to spend a few days with my daughter this week, so I need to get DT responsibilities tended to (as well as the 100 Cards in 100 Days cards made) by Wednesday.

2.      I will close my business page on facebook (I should have done this a long time ago).

3.      I will spend time enjoying my daughter – which will include eating too much, I’m sure. We’ll probably go to Olive Garden, Gigi’s, Salsa’s, and maybe even out for Sushi in the three days that we will spend together.


Because I’m doing the 100 Cards in 100 Days Challenge, I also have a card to post to my blog today. This is # 73.









This is the inside of my card:

 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I’d love to hear what’s been happening in your life this week, too, so feel free to leave me a comment and tell me about it. 


I used a card kit to make this card - Chocolate kit put together by Laura (justme1972 on SCS). THANK YOU, Laura! I know it's a Riley image that I colored with my Copics and a Zig Wink of Stella marker. I used my own cardstock for the base - Stampin' UP! Pear Pizzazz.

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh yes, i so know the power of procrastination.... :-(.
Love your card Jeanette - Riley looks as though he may just have been snowed in too.
Blessings
Maxine

:: BlueInks :: said...

Cute card. I like the muted colors.

Have a great trip to visit your DD! Have a OG salad for me! ;)

Unknown said...

Great colors! I love green and this made me laugh too. Have fun on your visit.