Friday, April 25, 2014

A Peek At My Week




It’s Friday again…time for another Peek at My Week post.


A PEEK AT MY WEEK

1.      What was a highlight of my week?

My husband surprised me with a DQ treat one night – my favorite flavor of Blizzard. Want to guess what it is? (Choco Cherry Love) YUM!

2.      What lesson/s did I learn this week?

When a person stays on their knees for long periods of time, it can be very painful. That is a tough lesson to learn.

3.      What did I make this week?

I made a lot of progress on my Thailand preparations. My lessons are coming along nicely. And I’ve had fun with them.

4.      What have I enjoyed doing this week?

I discovered we have a nesting Robin on top of the light between our two garage doors. I’ve enjoyed watching her on her perch.

5.      If I could change one thing about this week, what would it be?

I would have slept more. It seems like every night has been short this week.

6.      What did I do for this week’s 30-Minute Challenge?
What is a 30-Minute Challenge? It will vary from week to week, but basically, I am going to choose something to do – perhaps it’s an organization task that is calling out to me, or a topic I want to research, or (*gasp!) an exercise I want to try, etc. – and I will set the timer and invest 30 minutes in that challenge.

I took the warm winter shirts out of my closet. No more turtlenecks until next winter. YAY!

7.      What are my plans for the upcoming weekend?

It will be a busy weekend. Our church is having revival services, which means church every day! And on Saturday I’ll be going to the city for a meeting.

SCORE TIME: Would I give this week a “thumbs up” or a “thumbs down”?



My goals for the coming week…

1.      Since I am going to a Women’s meeting next weekend, I need to get my Bible Study lesson plans finished before I leave on Thursday.

2.      I am hosting one of our speakers for dinner one night of the meeting, so I need to research what restaurants there are to choose from and make necessary plans.

3.      I will go shopping for some of the supplies I need for my Thailand lessons.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate you so much!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So were you outside weeding on your knees? If you have the opportunity to bring back some Thai recipes, please share them with us. I have missed you at SCS!

Marcy said...

Great shares of your week! When are you going to Thailand?...how fun! :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Sounds like a busy week Jeanette - I know what you mean about lack of sleep!!
Blessings
Maxine

Debbie Adams said...

Sounds like you had a great week. :D
I love when I find bird nests around my yard, they just add so much joy in the mornings with their singing.
Great to hear your plans are coming along.
Deborah xxx

Oh forgot to tell you, you are lucky to have a husband bring you a yummy surprise.