Friday, August 15, 2014

Dueling Friends


Today  is the 15th, so it's time for a little duel... Dueling Darling style.

This month the hostesses are Melina (Dazzlers) and Carol (Divas). They chose a marvelous theme...

Friends Are the Family You Pick Yourself


Seems to me that is a VERY appropriate theme for this month, since this marks the 4-year anniversary of the Dueling Darlings, a group of friends who certainly "picked" each other.

THANK YOU Melina & Carol! We ♥ you!

Here are the details of the kit that Melina sent the Dazzlers:

Image: Whimsy Stamps "I Will Carry You"
Paper: Recollections &
Sassafras

Ribbon: Michael's
Buttons: My Favorite Things
Pearls and Brads: from my stash
I cut the clouds and embossed them with my Cricut & Big Shot.



Here's the card I created with Melina's fabulous kit:






Here is the inside of my card:



I had such fun with Melina's kit and I can't wait to see what the other Dazzlers did with it.
Let's go take a peek...



Let's check out the Diva's blogs to see what they did with Carol's kit, too:



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

The only item I used that wasn't in Melina's kit was a piece of Stampin' UP! cardstock for my cardbase.

12 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

The touches of black you used set off the pastels on this card. So sweet. I love the yellow boots! Oh and some plaid paper....my fave! Great card, J!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Jeanette this is fabulous - love the image and the way you have mounted it, and the papers are beautiful.
Blessings
Maxine

Melina said...

I love the peeks of black! This is outstanding J! Thanks so much for dueling with me! :)

kel Acopan said...

super cue jeanette! love the soft but bold colors in your card!!

lovies, =o) kel

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Pretty card Jeanette! love all the details and as usual your coloring is beyond fantastic!

Love LJ

dweatter said...

Cute! I love the soft colors of your card. And agree with Tami the touches of black are great with the soft colors. I like how you used the DP on the inside too.

Marcy said...

Adorable card! Pretty papers and those clouds are so fun too!

Marilyn said...

Cute, cute, cute Jeanette! This card has such a happy, cheery feel to it and I like it!

Carol W said...

This is adorable....I love what you had done with the kit...it really is a happy, friendly...fun card...♥

Barb said...

Jeanette--this is a very cute card. I love the clouds and the inside of your card and how they match.

Sweet image and I love the colors!

MiamiKel said...

Finally getting around to commenting since my card is done! THis is SO cute! beautiful coloring of the image, and a sweet one at that -- wonderful job this round! (shoot, every round!) ♥

Terry Ladwig said...

How cute Jeanette!! Love the card....and once again, it looks a lot like mine:-)

Great job on this one!!