Sunday, December 14, 2014

Glitter Is Not My Friend


I don't know if you know this about me, but I have a Love/Hate relationship with GLITTER! I love it when other people use it... but I always hate it when I try to use it.

However, I gave it a good try on this card:






I used Stickles on the designer paper - yes, everyone of those snowflakes glitters! I used glittery small white brads, and I even added glitter to the snowflake brad. And I added a touch of glitter to the snow-covered ground of the image as well as to the snowmen's carrot noses. "Why?"  you might ask. Well, there a very good reason for that...


The new One Stitch At a Time Challenge is

Anything Goes with Glitter


http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.com/

December 14 - 27


Sponsor: StitchyBear Digital Outlet

Prize:




I hope you'll participate in the OSAAT Anything Goes with Glitter Challenge!



My card features a lovely snowflake designer paper that is actually a digi image. It's part of the Panda Bear Baby It's Cold Outside paper pack from StitchyBear. The adorable snowman family digital image is also available at StitchyBear. It's called Snow Trio.


The inside of my card is way too plain:






I'm entering my card in the following challenges:

A Creative Need - Playing with Snow
Craft & Smash - Ice and Snow
Doodle Pantry - Any Digi Goes
Stampavie and More - Snowflakes
Through the Craftroom Door - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Image: StitchyBear Digi Outlet Snow Trio
Ink: Copic Markers
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Stampin' UP! Vintage Violet
Designer Paper: StitchyBear Digi Outlet Panda Bear Baby It's Cold Outside
Embellishments: American Crafts Glitter Brads, Hobby Lobby Ribbon, Spare Parts Snowflake Brad, and Stickles Glitter Glue

9 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

I am with you on the glitter front love to see it but have trouble using it tend to stick to glamour dust-love your beautiful card,cute image and great B.paper love the glitter
carol x

Ellibelle said...

Such a sweet card, I love the snowmen!

Crafting with Darcy said...

Really cute card!! I'm giggling about the glitter because my granddaughter and I did a project this afternoon and we had ultrafine glitter EVERYWHERE! I'm sure her parents loved that!! Thanks for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door!
Hugs
Darcy

Heather said...

You added glitter to the snowflake paper? Wow!! Now that is dedication. It's beautiful (I actually can see the sparkle). I agree with glitter. I'm trying to use it more, but it's a work in progress. Thank you for linking up to the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge this month.

kiwimeskreations said...

I love the effect of glitter on a card, just not on me and the desk and the.... you know what I mean! Lovely card Jeanette - and the glitter is perfect!
Blessings
Maxine

:: BlueInks :: said...

I love the purple DP! Stickles are the way to go - hint, buy the Star Dust Stickles, then color your image with Copics and use the Star Dust and then you have custom colored Stickles! A lot cheaper too!

Marja B. said...

I love your glittery card! Thanks so much for entering our Snowflake challenge at Stampavie and More!
Hugs,
Marja

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love glitter- but you also glitter for a bit after using it : ) Hehehe Love this beautiful card- the DP digi is so pretty- esp with the added glittering. Loving the sweet image!

ufoide@gmail.com said...

very very nice. thanks for sharing on craft and smash