Sunday, December 28, 2014

It's a Bittersweet Day


Today I have good news and I have not-so-good news...

First, the not-so-good. For the past 4 years, the 28th of every month has had significance, since it is the day of the month that the Calendar Girls Blog Group had a little challenge. These women have embraced my dream to have a blog group and they've motivated me to step out of my comfort zone more than once. I admire their creativity; I value their opinions, and I treasure their friendships. But, alas, the Calendar Girls Blog Group will no longer exist in 2015. And since December is our "free" month, there really isn't a Calendar Girls challenge today either. But I want to thank the "girls" for four years of fun! Thank you, April, Barb, Carol, Deb, Kelly, Linda, Paola, Tami, and Terry!

Now, for the good news...

There's a new One Stitch at a Time Challenge today!

http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.com/





Challenge #227
Theme: Anything Goes with Stitching
Sponsor: StitchyBear Digi Outlet


This is the PRIZE that a lucky participant will win:




Here's my card:



I had so much fun STITCHING on my card! I actually sewed the buttons on the card - no glue used! And then I stitched a cute little snowflake on the bottom right corner of the card. I used a scrap of the DP as a pattern for poking the holes and then stitched the snowflake into the design with crochet thread.


Here is the inside of my card:






I hope you'll participate in the OSAAT Anything Goes with Stitching Challenge!

I'm entering my card in the following challenges:

Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
Hambo Hoedown - Winter
Inky Impression - Winter Wonderland
QKR Stampede - Lots of Layers
Sweet 7 - Winter

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Image: StitchyBear Digital Outlet Beary Happy Winter Bear
Ink: Copic Markers
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Stampin' UP! Sky Blue
Designer Paper: A Muse Studio Check and Recollections Mom's Diner Salt
Embellishments: Foof-a-La Buttons and Offray Crochet Thread

14 comments:

Mimi said...

Awesome Jeanette and I just love all the stitching especially that gorgeous snowflake. What a great idea to use some of your DP to create the pattern for it :) :) :) Big hugs hunny and so sorry to hear about Calendar Girls but we love you too :) :) :) Jane xxxxx

An Occasional Genius said...

Woohoo, clever you stitching on your card, I try not to stitch anywhere if I can help it...not my forte!

Gorgeous card, love the colours. Hope you are enjoying the Festive Season xx

CraftyGirl said...

Such a sweet bear and I love how you finish up the inside. I hardly ever do that but with i would. :)

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
Your Sister OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Barb said...

What a sweet and bittersweet post! Love the card too!

Anne Lise said...

So cute card :)

Anne Lise, OSAAT

Anne Lise said...

So cute card :)

Anne Lise, OSAAT

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving this card- great image- and love the stitching! Too sad the Calendar girls are disbanding- I always loved hoping around and seeing the different posts.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Jeanette - love the image and the way you have met the challenge to stitch on our card! Sorry to hear your group is closing, but I am sure the friendships will last!
Blessings
Maxine

Darlene said...

No More Calendar Girls???? WAAAAH! :(

What a cute card, love those colors, especially the pretty yellow. Sewing the snowflake is very clever!

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Fantastic card! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede!

Brenda DT

Jeannie said...

What a darling little bear! I love the stitching and how you've finished the inside too. Thanks so much for joining our Winter Challenge at the Hambo Hoedown.

Jeannie T.

Margaret said...

Awwww. . . little bear is so cute. He has a cute little smile. Lovely coloring and design. So sorry to hear about the breakup of your calendar group. Always sad when a fun event ends. Maybe another one down the road for you.

chrissy xx said...

What a cutie this bear is..LOving your colours and such a pretty stitched Snowflake such lovely idea..Thank you sooo much for sharing with us this week at QKR Stampede.
Chrissyxx
So sorry but this weeks Challenge is Santa or Snowmen. xx

karalschuknecht said...

Wonderful card, beautifully done. But our challenge this week is our Snowman or Santa Challenge at QKR Stampede, but please add another you have one.
Karal DT