Thursday, December 4, 2014

Treasure Hunt Thanks


It's time for this week's Thematically Thursday post. It's the first Thursday of December, so it means it's time for a..............


Treasure Hunt!


I love going to thrift stores and snooping around to see what I can find. I try to find things that were not originally meant to be used on a card... and then use them on a card.

This week I found a fun little box of goodies:







As you can see, it only cost me 50 cents.

A real bargain!


I took three silk flowers apart and used some brads to put them back together on my card...





Our church gave my husband a beautiful Thank you / Appreciation type of card in October for Pastor Appreciation month. I took it apart (yes, I cut it up) and used its sentiment and the glittery strip on the front of my card and the scripture on the inside of my card.





I love when recycling turns out pretty!


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Items used on this card in addition to the "treasure" I found at the thrift store and the card I recycled were Cardstock (Stampin' UP! Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Ivory, and Metallic Gold) and some gold brads from an unknown vendor.

4 comments:

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful card Jeanette! Love the sketch!

MiamiKel said...

Ohhh squeal - my favorite of your posts, the Treasure Hunts! These are so much fun to see what you find, then what you make! Gasp at cutting up a card - LOL - but the end result is just stunning.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunner Jeanette - and what a lovely find!! Congratulations on being brave enough to cut up a card, and admit it too ;-)
Blessings
Maxine

kel Acopan said...

oh how gorgeous is this???? I am so jealous of your thrifting... i can never find things when i go here!!!

lovies, =o) kel