Friday, July 8, 2016

Peek at My Week


I almost didn't post a Peek at My Week post today, because truthfully, this has been a rather strange week. I got home from the Bible Journaling Cruise last weekend, but my sea legs didn't go completely away until the middle of this week. I've felt like a staggering drunkard much of the week, which is a strange thing considering I never. ever. drink.

But then I decided I really MUST post a Peek at My Week so that you can see a bit of what I did on the cruise. I really hadn't done any Art Journaling or Bible Journaling before the cruise, so Shanna Noel (the teacher - who is also the owner of Illustrated Faith) had her work cut out for her. She is AMAZING! Truly! I just wish I had a wee bit of her creativity. But since I don't, I have to work with what I do have, and that's a whole lot of want-to. I want to get into God's Word and explore what He's saying and express my thoughts/reflections creatively.

My first few pages were horrible! But then, finally in Class #4 I created an entry that I actually like.


Shanna had instructed us to take pictures (selfies) prior to this class. I absolutely HATE having my picture taken - I am not one wee little bit photogenic. So instead of the usual selfie, I took a picture of my feet. The photo was taken at a little park in Skagway, Alaska, our third port of call on our cruise. I thought the picture went well with the Matthew 28 verses commonly known as the Great Commission.



Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, 
baptizing them in the name of the Father 
and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 
Teach these new disciples to obey all 
the commands I have given you. 
And be sure of this: 
I am with you always, even to the end of the age.
Matthew 28:19-20
(NLT Inspire Bible)



BTW, the cruise was fantastic! 



We stopped at 3 Alaskan towns and 1 in Canada and also got to get really REALLY close to a glacier! Did you know that the ship's captain can turn that great big cruise ship around in the middle of a fjord - almost like a slowly spinning top? It was amazing! We also saw a few whales (just barely breaking the water's surface), ate entirely too much food, were treated royally by our favorite server (Tacky), enjoyed some great shows, took an excursion on a train, and gained memories to last a lifetime! 

I want to thank my daughter Brittney for making it possible for me to go on this cruise! THANKS Brittney!!!


I love you, Brittney!


SCORE TIME: Would I give this week a “thumbs up” or a “thumbs down”?




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

4 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your journal page! What a great idea, and I also love the idea of taking a picture of your feet- you have such a creative mind!!! Glad you enjoyed your trip. I had the same issue after a cruise- had sea legs on land. Love the memories you made with your daughter too- what an awesome thing to do!!! I can only imagine how cool it would be to see a glacier and to be on a ship that turns like that- awesome!

Lynn McAuley said...

A huge thumbs up to your fabulous cruise and beautiful Bible journaling!! This is awesome, Jeanette! I have had a cruise to Alaska on my bucket list forever! Maybe someday!!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

What a great trip. I am so glad that you girls could go. I am sure that Brittney thought she was in heaven with the food available!!! Your journaling looks good. I do not think there could be any bad. Thanks, for sharing.

kiwimeskreations said...

I am so thrilled to hear you had a wonderful time Jeanette - and that you and Brittany had precious time together both travelling and crafting. Love your page!!
Blessings
Maxine