Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Mid-Week Peek at My Week


I don't have much to tell you about my week today. Too many travels and too many tomatoes - that's my story "and I'm sticking to it."

We have been on the road/traveling half the week. And then there were all those tomatoes I mention... boxes and boxes of them. DH's hobby is in full production, it would seem. I made 38 quarts of tomato juice (and am in the kitchen all day today making more.


Here's the process...

1. Cup up tomatoes and cook them in a HUGE kettle.


2. Once cooked to "mushy" state, run them through a colander in order to make juice (and dispose of peelings and seeds).



3. Heat up the juice and then pour into sterilized jars and seal.



4. Admire the beautiful red juice!

Oh, and then there's that thing of cleaning up all the mess. 



SCORE TIME: Would I give this week a “thumbs up” or a “thumbs down”?



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

On Jeanette - what a wonderful crop of tomatoes - and juice - well done to you both!! Bother the clean up though!!
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

Here in Texas we make salsa!

Katydid Cards said...

Definitely a thumbs up. I love tomato juice...tomato anything actually.