Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Mid Week Peek at My Week


Whew! Seems like time has flown by since last Wednesday. Is it just me or do you think so, too?

For one thing, it was our little town's Fall Fun Fest. It lasts four days and each day is filled with vendor food, chatting with people we bump into, enjoying some local talent, as well as attending a concert featuring a Gospel Quartet from southern Illinois. Oh, and did I mention delicious funnel cakes!?!?!? There is a vendor there that boasts 34 flavors of funnel cakes. Who knew, right? So each year we get one to share among the three of us. We try to get a different flavor each year - but I have to admit, next year that may be more challenging than usual. Not because we've tried all 34 now... no, not by a long shot. But this year's funnel cake was so delicious....... I WANT ANOTHER ONE!

It was Chocolate Cherry! Oh. my. goodness!!!

Fun Fest isn't all we've done this week, though. We went to St. Louis one day. Had a little business to take care of there, but also got to eat at Sweet Tomatoes. Yum! And we had our association's Annual Meeting. It was the first one we've had since my husband became the Director of Missions of Greater Wabash Baptist Association - so that meant he was in charge. But truthfully, the meeting is successful because of the hard work of a lot of people. It truly was a great meeting.

And in addition to all this busy coming and going, I also managed to make twelve cards and completed two pages in my Bible Journal.

Here's one of the pages:


You are inscribed on the palm of his hand...
Isaiah 49:16


It looked better in my mind - but I keep reminding myself that I am fairly new to Bible Journaling and have never EVER done art journaling... so I am a beginner in every sense of the word.

SCORE TIME: Would I give this week a “thumbs up” or a “thumbs down”?



Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

3 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this Bible Journaling page- what a cool idea : ) Oh my, I have never heard of different flavors of elephant ears- yum! Safe travels!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a lovely week you have had Jeanette - that festival sounds wonderful.
Do you remember the song based on that scripture?? - I still love it!
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

Your palm print and scripture make for a sensational Bible journal page!