Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Mid-Week Peek at My Week


Spoiler Alert - there is no card/project in this post. (Sorry!)

I wasn't even going to do a mid-week peek post today, but then I decided at the last minute - yep at 4:30 this morning - that the week has been too good not to document it. So here I am.

I've had a GREAT week. Some highlights include...

I went to LifeWay's Women's Forum in Nashville, Tennessee. Picture this - 900+ women (well, mostly women) gathered together for worship and keynote speakers and breakout conferences. WOW! Travis Cottrell and his group led us in amazing worship. He truly is a dynamic musician and worship leader! Listen to him HERE. Of course there were some great Bible study leaders... keynote speakers, too. Even the wife of the husband/wife founders of Hobby Lobby spoke, along with their young adult daughter. And my favorite keynote speaker was Trudy Cathy White, whose parents founded Chick fil A.

I also jumped ahead of myself - I usually work on a word of the year and goals for the upcoming year during the week between Christmas and New Year, but this year is going to be a bit wild during that time. We are going to have a houseful... our son and his girlfriend will be here from Wisconsin and our daughter and her boyfriend will be here from Alaska. So I knew I'd be having way too much fun during that time to do any goal-setting. So I did it this week.

Our son Jeremy and his girlfriend Brandi



Our daughter Brittney and her boyfriend David





I love these four - and how much they enjoy each other.





Yes, it looks like we'll be having a lot of fun at Christmas time.

















OH! And BIG news - I won a prize at Falliday on SCS!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!! (a $50 gift card from The Cat's Pajamas!)

Even though I was gone part of the week, I managed to make 20 cards and one tag this week. Not too shabby.

I also took time to alphabetize the stamp companies in my 20 bins of cling/unmounted/clear stamps. Whew! That was a BIG job!

And of course there's been the usual cooking, cleaning, and laundry... that reminds me how fortunate I am to have an amazing family to share my life with.

Yes, it's been a GREAT week.

SCORE TIME: Would I give this week a “thumbs up” or a “thumbs down”?




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!




4 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Sounds like an amazing week filled with purpose and joy, Jeanette!

I love the pictures of your family!! I know you will enjoy immensely your time together during the holidays!

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Glad you enjoyed your trip in Tennessee! 20 cards???? Oh my you have been busy. Puts me to shame! LOL Congrats on winning the Falliday! Bet you were excited! It looks like you will have a house full for the holidays. That is the BEST! Nothing better than spending time with family. It is great that yours will be able to gather together.

MiamiKel said...

Oh fun, fun! I don't know where to start - the woohoo on the win or the WOW on all the gorgeous kids! So let me just say fantabulousness all around!

Our Thanksgiving has grown by 7! The boyfriends AND the parents - LOL!

I'm glad you had a great conference and wonderful key note speakers!

kiwimeskreations said...

wow - what a week Jeanette - you are one energizer bunny - you are never still. Don't know how you got through all that in 7 days!!
Blessings
Maxine