Saturday, January 28, 2017

Candy Kisses


Barb started a new group on SCS this year. It's called Challenge Your Stash. CYS group members are to use stuff they already have to create a card/project based on the theme the month's hostess selects. We alternate hostesses, so everyone will get a chance to choose a theme. It's going to be a lot of fun to see what each person does with her own stuff and a unique theme on the 28th of each month.

This month, to kick things off, Barb is the hostess. She selected a color challenge - Black, White and Silver.

What do you think of when you think of silver? Of course, I think of Hershey's chocolate kisses. ;)



Stampin' UP! For the Love of Chocolate (2002)


I used silver embossing powder on the kiss and fussy cut it, layering it on top of the one stamped in black ink. I did that because I didn't want the little strip of paper sticking out of the kiss to be silver and I couldn't figure out any other way to do it.

On the inside of the card, I stamped (black ink) another chocolate kiss...



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Image/Sentiment: Stampin' UP! For the Love of Chocolate
Ink: Gina K Onyx Black and VersaMark
Embossing Powder: Stampin' UP! Sterling Silver
Cardstock: Recollections Black and 110# White and Stampin' UP! Metallic Silver
Designer Paper: Recollections Black and White Paper Pad
Embellishments: Recollections Rhinestones

8 comments:

terry serman said...

Love this! Of course silver=Hersey kisses! Great card Jeanette.

Carol W said...

wow wow wow Jeanette, This is elegant as well and cute all wrapped in one. I love that silver reminds your of chocolate...lol..You do have your priorities in order. Great job on this challenge..

MiamiKel said...

Sensational card, Jeanette! I remember this set from way back when - creative choice and lovely take on the challenge :)

Margaret said...

Your card is fabulous. Such a perfect image for this challenge.

Barb said...

I Love This! What a perfect image to use for silver! I really want some chocolate right now!

I am so glad you are a member of the Challenge Your Stash group and I do hope you enjoy it too! Thanks for the nudge to start it!

kiwimeskreations said...

Jeanette this is stunning - love everything about it - especially your embossed image over the black, and the sentiment gave me a wonderful smile.
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

That silver embossed kiss is absolute perfection on this wonderful design, Jeanette!

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

I hardly ever use just black white and silver except in graduation cards but this is lovely.