Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Crafters of Faith Love a Good Sunrise


NOTE: I have two blog posts today. If you'd like to see my "Try Something New" post you can either keep scrolling - it's the post after this one - or you can click HERE to be taken directly to that post.


* * * * * 


The Crafters of Faith group on SCS is a great group of women. We have much in common, most significantly our love for the Lord. We chat. We encourage. We share life stories. And we craft.

Each month one of us is the hostess and as hostess, she chooses a theme for us to use for a card/project. This month Liz is the hostess.

This is her theme/specs:

I've done a little studying last night and I have decided that for March I want to use this scripture from Psalm 40:3 NLT: "He has given me a new song to sing."

God is never boring and is always creative. Just look at the beauty in every sunrise and sunset. Although they apprear in the same direction of east and west everyday, no two are ever exactly alike.

I seldom like to create the same thing twice myself, so I must be God-like with my thinking in that regard. Kalidiscopes have always fascinated me with their intricate patterns, but no matter how many times you look inside, you are not likely to see the same exact colors or patterns every time.
So, although God never changes, His methods do. So don't try to keep God in a box, and allow Him to be creative and do wonderful new things in your life.

Feature a sunrise or sunset on your card and just as different as our cards will be, aren't you just amazed at every new day that God gives us? Be adventuresome with your faith to get out of the box that might seem most comfortable to you and don't let your comfort restrict God's plans for your new song He has for you to sing.



Thank you, Liz! I love your theme! I wanted to create a beautiful sunset with brayers and ink and such... but soon discovered I do not have much talent for that. So instead, I searched my stamps and found one that has a sunrise in it. It works for me. I hope it works for you, too.





Thanks for stopping by my blog today!



Images/Sentiment: Inky Antics Swirly Sunshine & Flowers stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers

Papers: Recollections Black and White and Stampin' UP! Lovely Lilac Cardstock and DP from my scrap file

Embellishment: Ribbon from an unknown vendor

4 comments:

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Beautiful card and I just love those 2 colors together.

MiamiKel said...

Such a pretty card, Jeanette! The purple is such a unique color - but it works! :)

Lynn McAuley said...

I love the yellow and purple color scheme of your wonderful sunrise design, Jeanette! What a great image for this challenge!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I just love the image you used- it is perfect for the COF challenge. Another fab card!!!