Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Mid-Week Joy Report


Well, well, WELL.... this blog post is rather late. I usually schedule my posts to go live at 6:00 AM (CST) unless a DT calls for a different time. But.... here it is about 14 hours late.

Last night as I was getting ready to put this blog post together, the tornado warning sirens went off in our little town. We have no basement and no safe place to go, so my husband and I decided to check the TV and see how close it was. We determined it was most likely going to miss us... but I paced a bit anyway... just because that's what I do. LOL!

Then... our internet went down AND so did the TV cable. Oh well. Not to worry. I went to bed thinking all would be better by morning.

This morning, still no internet/cable. Come to find out a tornado touched down about 30 minutes away from our town (sad - a man actually was killed trying to get to shelter) and it cut a fiber cable. That fiber cable is part of what services our town with internet/cable. They worked... all. day. long.

But the good news, we now have internet again. YAY!

Lots to be joyful about tonight. So thankful the tornado missed us (though I am sorry for those who were not so fortunate).

For those who like to know - I made 6 cards this week. Not very many, but that's okay.


* * * * *


Now, in keeping with "My 50 Truths Challenge" let me tell you about Chapter 9 of the book 50 Truths Worth Knowing.

Ellen writes about how she and her siblings had pets growing up and how very important those pets were to her. They had everything from guinea pigs, to parrots, to cocker spaniels and dogs. Each and every pet brought something into her life - entertainment, love, comfort, loyalty, etc. Ellen said, "Pet's are a family's love most visible."

This is the card I created based on Ellen's story about her pets...




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!



Image/Sentiment: Your Next Stamp Jessica with Puppy stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers

Papers: Recollections Kraft and White Cardstock and DP from my Scrap File

Embellishments: Your Next Stamp Gum Drops

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a sweet card Jeanette - another on that is not quite your usual, and I love it!
That would have been a bit scary with the tornado so close!!
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

So sorry for the loss and destruction brought to your area by tornadoes! They move so fast and are so unpredictable!

Love your sweet little lass and her spotted puppy friend! Pets have always been important in our lives!!