Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Bible Journaling Day 16


This is the 16th day of my personal 21-Day Bible Journaling Challenge. I used another image from the Flourishes S'More Fun stamp set on this entry.


And look - I added some Stickles Glitter Glue to make the light "glow". I've not used Stickles in my Bible before now. If I'd have thought, I would have colored that part with a Glitter Gel pen instead, but the Stickles look is okay, too.



The Bible passage is the Parable of the Lamp. Jesus taught us that we should not hide our lamp under a cover, but instead should place it on a stand so all could see it. Then in verse 18 he said, "So pay attention to how you hear. To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what they think they understand will be taken away from them."

This parable reminds me that I want God's light to be the guiding factor in my life. I tried to communicate that in my Bible Journaling page.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today! 

Supplies Used

Stamps: Flourishes S'More Fun and a SU alphabet set 
Ink: Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink and Copic Markers
Papers: Recollections CS and DP from my scrap file
Embellishments: Stickles Glitter Glue and Washi Tape from an unknown vendor

1 comment:

Lynn McAuley said...

Your glowing lantern is perfect with this scripture, Jeanette! Beautiful work!