Monday, July 24, 2017

Sea Horse


I had so much fun with the July release at Frantic Stamper - this is another one of the cards I made.

One of the amazing things about this card is the background piece (the center panel). It looks like DP, right? It isn't. I made that using a Frantic Stamper Background Stamp and Ranger Distress Oxide Inks. It was a lot of fun!

I used water color paper and my Misti to create this look. The Misti was important, because I actually stamped the piece four times in the exact same spot - each time with a different color of Ranger Distress Oxide Ink. Between each color, I spritzed the paper with water and let it dry.

The Sea Horse is a Frantic Stamper Precision Die.





Oh, and that "netting" piece... it's actually a piece of the bag that my Vidalia Onions came in. That's recycling at its smelliest, right?




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Stamp: Frantic Stamper Wave Tangle Background Stamp FRA-CLG-B017

Inks: Ranger Distress Oxide (Broken China, Peeled Paint, Wilted Violet, and Worn Lipstick)

Die: Frantic Stamper Seahorse #FRA-DIE-09511

Papers: Récollections CS, DP from my scrap file, and Watercolor Paper from an unknown vendor

Embellishment: Netting from Onion Bag

5 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Oh this is a gem! What a pretty background to compliment the adorable sea horse!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow - what a great result with those DOX inks Jeanette - that is one stunning card - onion smelly though it may be - it's supposed to be salty smelly!
Blessings
Maxine

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

OMG...You use onion bags too!! So do I.....I love recycled items on cards and tags. Your oxide techinique is wonderful. Bet you had fun playing.

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this fabulous mix of papers and netting with your wonderful seahorse! What a beautiful waterfront creation, Jeanette!

Barb said...

Awesome Card!