Thursday, September 7, 2017

A Special Birth




The Crafters of Faith group on SCS is one of my favorites. My friend Kelly created this group and she leads us with a sweet spirit.

Each month, one of the members chooses a Scripture verse and/or theme and we all created based on that theme. Then on the 7th of the month we show what we've made.

Today is the day.



Judy was the hostess this round. She came up with a great theme for us.

These are her words:

I have so many favorite verses; many from the Psalms, from Romans, Galatians and Philippians and went back and forth in choosing a verse for September. I finally settled on this verse that really sums up for me my faith:

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so no one can boast. For we our God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:8-10 

As September is the month both my sons were born in I like to remember that these boys were two of the greatest gifts God gave to me! (The meaning of their names is Gift of God) So I would like you to create a card celebrating a birth or another great gift God has bestowed on you. 



I decided to create a card featuring the most significant birth of all - the birth of Christ.



The inside of my card:



This was actually my second card. I like it. On the other hand I absolutely HATED my first card. UGH! But... since I am not one to avoid showing the ugly cards I make, I decided to show you my FAIL...



The inside:



I guess you noticed I made the ugly card pictures very very small. *giggles


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies List

Stamps: My Sentiments Exactly "Joy to the World" and Stampendous "Holy Night" stamped with Gina K Black Onyx Ink and Stampin' UP! Work of Art stamped with Brilliance Sunflower Yellow Ink

Die: Taylored Expressions Nativity Border

Papers: Recollections Black and White and Stampin' UP! More Mustard CS and DP from my scrap file

Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones, Your Next Stamp Gum Drops, and a Star-shaped Brad and Washi Tape from unknown vendors

6 comments:

Tracie said...

I love them both. I sure don't see the second one as a fail. Great take on the challenge.

Barb said...

Really? Really? That card is fail? You are way too hard on yourself! Both are very nice! Greatest Gift of All!

Lynn McAuley said...

Two awesome Christmas cards, Jeanette!! This fabulous die has gotten a real workout at my house for the past couple of years! I love it!!

Chriss America Real said...

Oh my gosh what a beautiful card and what a lovely sentiment .

Hugs,

Chriss

Judy McMullen said...

Jeanette, i love both cards! They are both amazing and I don't know why you hate the first one...It's my favorite! What I love about both of them is your inspiration...The birth of Jesus Christ, the greatest gift we've ever received!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Jesanette you are too hard on yourself - these are both great cards.
Blessings
Maxine