Friday, September 15, 2017

I Love Chocolate, Darling



It's the 15th of September... time for a friendly duel. The Dueling Darlings are hosted by Terry and Terry this month. LOL! That's two different Terry darlings, not one and the same. They put their heads together and decided since September 13th is the birthday of Milton Hershey then their theme had to be......

Chocolate!

Great idea, ladies!

Terry (of the Dazzlers) sent an amazing kit. It had a delightful assortment of items for making a card... and it also had a special treat.

Terry's Kit Items

Images: Penny Black Chocolate Moment and Inky Antics Chocolate Candies stamped on Recollections CS with Versafine Black Ink (I colored them with Copic Markers)

Papers: Paper Studio Gold Wedding and Mirabelle Floral DP and Brazil Textured Green and  Stampin' UP! Textured Chocolate Chip and Purely Pomegranate CS

Doilies: Paper Studio Kraft and Vintage Pink

Embellishments: My Art C brass embellishment, 28 Lilac Lane Toasted Graham buttons and sequins, Recollections Adhesive Faux Pearls, Paper Studio Clear Gems, Joann's Gold Perl Stickers, and Stampin' UP! Brown Sugar Thick Baker's Twine and Purely Pomegranate Double Stitched Ribbon

The only thing of my own that I used on my card was some card stock (Recollections Brown and Stampin' UP! Mellow Moss).


Here's the card I made:




I did mention there was a special treat in Terry's package, too. Look......







Terry sent the Dazzlers a delicious little box of fudge from her favorite fudge shop. (Did I mention she lives on Mackinac Island, where apparently there is often the smell of chocolate wafting from the many shops sprinkled around town?)

Terry (x 2) also asked the Darlings to share our favorite chocolate items. Hmmmmm... for me... it's tough. I like lots of chocolate items but mostly I'm not a fan of chocolate all alone. It needs to be in combination with something else. Like Chocolate Marshmallow Shakes from my favorite local ice cream shop, Cherry Mash Candy Bars, sheesh! I don't even drink straight chocolate milk. If I have  chocolate milk it has to be mixed with 2 % white milk. And fudge... delicious fudge. Cherry Chocolate Fudge (only found in Door County Wisconsin, alas), Chocolate Pecan Fudge, Chocolate Walnut Fudge. My favorite beverage at Starbuck's is White Chocolate Mocha. The list goes on and on. I can't name just one. LOL!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Be sure to stop by the other Dueling Darling blogs - you'll find links to both the Dazzlers and the Divas in my left side bar.

12 comments:

Tracie said...

What a great card Jeanette. I really like how you used the whole image. The ribbon worked perfectly.

Judy McMullen said...

Wonderful card, Jeanette! Love that darling image and so beautifully colored!! So very petty both inside and out. And that piece of fudge is a real treat! YUM!!

Chriss America Real said...

This card is just darling! Oh man I want that fudge!

Hugs,

Chriss

Www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

Carol W said...

Oh my Jeanette...your card is so yummy as well as all of your favorite chocolates...LOL. I got hungry for chocolate by the time I finished reading your post. I love, love, love your card. It looks like you had a very fun kit to work with...♥

terry serman said...

Love the rich colors of this card! Your coloring is great!

terry serman said...

Love the rich color of this card! Great use of embellishments and paper. Love your coloring!

Terry Andress said...

I love your card Jeanette! We used almost the same coloring of our image! I wish I could lounge around and eat chocolate all day like her! I happy you enjoyed the kit!

Lynn McAuley said...

What fun!! I love this delightful card, Jeanette!

MiamiKel said...

What a fun card! Colored beautifuy - such a large Image but it makes for a wonderful focal point! Yum on the fudge!!

Barb said...

this card just puts a smile on my face, however, I am a bit sad that you did not share that wonderful box of fudge! What a fun card and you colored her up perfectly!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Holy smokes, fudge!!!! Lucky!!!! Your card is perfect. I really like the grandma paper and how it makes the card feel elegant.

Terry Ladwig said...

Very classy looking card Jeanette! Love it.....and the fudge was yummy too!