Monday, September 4, 2017

Peaceful Poinsettia


If you don't know... I love Christmas! I really REALLY love Christmas! So I'm super excited about the new release at Frantic Stamper. It's all about Christmas!

You can check out the release video HERE.

One of my favorite items in the release is the die I used on today's card - Poinsettia Stained Glass Square #FRA-DIE-10313. It is so detailed and gorgeous!




To get the desired effect, I used a scrap of CS to cut the die and then I taped it to a piece of white CS with washi tape (it's low-tacky and can be removed without damage later). I the used Fiber Castell Large Brush Pitt markers to color inside the die edges. Once it was finished, I removed the scrap, which I save for later if I want to try this again.

I cut the die again, this time with black CS and adhered it on top of the colored piece.

I added the "Peace" from the Frantic Stamper Joy & Peace clear stamp set #FRA-CL-054.













This is the inside of my card (very plain):



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Frantic Stamper Precision Die: Poinsettia Stained Glass Square #FRA-DIE-10313

Frantic Stamper Stamp Set: Joy & Peace #FRA-CL-054 stamped with Gina K Onyx Black Ink 

Coloring: Fiber Castell Large Brush Pitt Markers

Papers: Recollections Black, White and Yellow CS

Embellishment: Offray Ribbon

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A vibrant and stunning card Jeanette - what a great use of the die cut.
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

Such beautiful stained-glass poinsettias!! Gorgeous card, Jeanette!