Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Ready Set Go with Teachers


NOTE: I have two blog posts today... please keep strolling to see my Craftaholics R Us card, too.


This is a special day! It's time for Barb, Kelly, and I to post our "Ready, Set, Go" card/project.

This month Barb is the one who chose our theme. She's a retired educator, so this the theme she chose is VERY appropriate!

Here's what Barb said...

Here's our theme for September. That month is always back to school, for me at least... so think of your favorite subject in school or even your favorite teacher. It could be grade school or high school or even college. Design a card that reflects your favorite school subject or describes or highlights your favorite teacher.

Now, you might wonder what S'mores has to do with my favorite thing about school. LOL! Hear me out. I was a lazy student until I was a Sophomore in High School, at which point I did begin to try to do better. Prior to that I was the one who did just enough to get by.... and yes, LUNCH was my favorite subject in school. ;)

Seriously, though... I'd like to mention a few favorite teachers (my Top 5) - those we need s'more of.

Brittney (my daughter) - who gives her all to the special education students she works with in the bush of Alaska. Brittney, I am so proud of you!!!

Miss Goss - one of only two grade school teachers I remember by name (and I had many, since we moved every 3-6 months during those times). Miss Goss was a first-year teacher and she loved us almost as much as we loved her. WOW! She was incredible!

Sis - though I thought I could NEVER call my teacher Sis like all the other students did, I soon learned to do so. I was only in her class for about 8 weeks (I had 4 schools that year), but she had a great impact on me. She taught eight grades of students and kept us all in line, too.

Mrs. Ewing - my High School Speech/Theatre teacher. What can I say. She was the best. She brought out the best in me. I learned to love Speech, especially and eventually studied Speech/Theatre in college, earning a BS in Education in Speech/Theatre.

Mr. Peerbolte - one of my college Theatre professors. He worked alongside the students many many hours, teaching us as we built sets worked on props, and prepared for each and every theatre production. He taught us how to adapt and be creative as we sought to achieve whatever the director was wanting. And he made it FUN!

Thank you to each of my Top 5!!! And to all of the other fabulous teachers who give so much of themselves to help their students achieve their very best!




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Stamp Set: Jillian Vance Teacher Treats stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa Ink

Dies: MFT Toasted Marshmallow inked with Ranger Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks

Papers: Stampin' UP! Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, and Orange and Staples Ivory CS and DP from the DCWV Pumpkin Patch Paper Stack

Embellishment: Ribbon from an unknown vendor

5 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a clever idea- I just love these smores, and love the perfect sentiment to go along with it!

kiwimeskreations said...

Great card Jeanette - and a wonderful top 5 teachers to read through
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

I am the only one in my family who loves my marshmallows burned black!! Super cute card!!

MiamiKel said...

I do love my snores and I like 'em burnt! ;) what a unique take on a back to school theme I would have never put this combination together but it works!

Barb said...

I love your card! And, I love all of the comments you made about some of your wonderful teachers. You did a great job on the theme!