Monday, April 2, 2018

Keep Calm & Ride On!


You might remember that a Facebook friend sent me an adorable pirate girl stamp not too long ago. It was a Nellie Snellen stamp called Sweet Elin. If you missed seeing that card, you can find it HERE. I loved the little pirate, but I also was very impressed with the quality of the clear stamp. Some clear stamps stamp better than others and this one stamped beautifully!

This gift opened my eyes to a company I truthfully hadn't explored before... so I went to their website. BIG. mistake.

I fell in love with several of their stamps - especially THIS ONE (yes, I own him now!) I'm sure you'll see a card on my blog soon with the little cutie.

I thought the Nellie Snellen prices were quite reasonable. Then when I got ready to order a few, I discovered they had a minimum purchase policy. So, of course I had to add a few more things to my order so that I could receive the stamps I desired. (Funny how that works, isn't it?)

My sister loves horses so when I see horse stamps, dies, papers, and such, I always think of her. Nellie Snellen has this unique "Horse in Frame" die and I decided to add it to my order. Then, when I received it, I thought... "How will I use this on a card?" LOL! I guess I should have thought of that before I ordered it.

I do love the die. I just couldn't seem to figure out much pizzazz for it, on my first attempt. I'm sure I'll come up with more the next time I use it, but for this virgin voyage (oh, wait! That's the nautical term of my pirate girl, isn't it?) - for this first attempt at using the "Horse in Frame" die, my card is quite simple.




The stamped sentiments are from the "Giddy Up" stamp set manufactured by There She Goes.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Die: Nellie Snellen Horse in Frame

Stamps: There She Goes Giddy Up stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

Papers: Recollections Cream and SU Early Espresso CS and Paper Pizazz Brown Leather DP

Embellishments: Brads from an unknown vendor

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Jeanette, you are not alone in finding a die and then trying to figure out how to use it. I've also been wooed into buying more to get to the minimum of free shipping. LOL! But in the end, this is a fabulous card, and I love the leather DP! It works perfectly! Love the sentiment inside and out!! Hugs, sweet friend! It's perfect!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great card Jeanette - the simplicity of it really makes the die cut stand out - well done!
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

This Texas girl LOVES it!! What an awesome die!!